Sunday, November 25, 2007

He's Here!

Finally!

I woke up around 3:00am on November 25th. I started to feel some contractions. I figured I would try to get some rest....while I still could!

Around 6:00am, they started to become more and more uncomfortable. So, I put a call into the doctor. I heard back from Dr. Fernandez around 7:00am. At that point, I decided to take a shower and pay a visit to the hospital.

We dropped Emily off at my parents house aroun 8am and got to the hospital by 8:30am. They got me all comfy, IV placed, gown on. I expressed to the nurse that I was going to try to labor and avoid the c-section. They checked me, I was about 2cm. Still a long way to go.

Dr. Fernandez came in around 11:30 and explained my options. They were going to let me labor, but if I didn't progress at least 1cm an hour; it was going to be a c-section for me. He recommended starting pitocin, breaking my water and starting the epidural. All of this was done by 12:30pm. Now, it was just a waiting game.

At 1:30pm, when they checked me, I was at 3cm. Yay! Some progress was good and kept me away from the c-section for now! At 2:30, I was almost 6cm. By 4:30, I was 9! Jim called my parents to let them know we would have a baby soon. I saw the doctor and he said he was going for dinner and would be back soon. At 4:40, the pain became unbearable and I told Jim to call the nurse. The nurse came in and we did some practice pushing. She told me to stop and called the doctor in NOW!

At 4:59pm on Sunday, November 25th, James Liam entered the world! He weighed in at 9lbs. 15oz. and was 20.5 inches long! And a c-section was not needed!

0 comments: