Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Friday the 13th!

So today started off in true Friday the 13th fashion.

Jim wakes me up at 6:00am to tell me the car has a flat tire and he has to call AAA. They call back shortly and say its going to be an hour. However, he only had to wait about 15 minutes and Thor (as Jim referred to him!) got everything fixed quickly.

Then, I was actually able to meet my parents and my cousin from Ireland and his girlfriend for lunch at Longhorn. I call Jim and he's able to get off of work and meet us there. Great! So, I get ready, get the kids ready and start to head out. I get a good distance before I realize...I forgot my wallet. I turn around and head back home.

I get home, grab my wallet and start out...again. I give my Dad a call to let him know that I'm going to be 15 minutes late....Yeah right! I made the mistake of getting onto Route 80 and they are doing construction. A lot of construction! So, I get off Route 80 and take back roads the rest of the way, but that made me about 30 minutes late.

Overall, I did have a great lunch! It was nice to see my cousin, I haven't seen him in a while. And in the long run it could have been so much worse!

0 comments: